There has been quite a bit of cleaning and packing going on at our house. (Still haven't moved. The application process has been a total fiasco. We might not make it out of this house before G&G get home. Oh well! It'll all work out.) Which has meant that I haven't been able to play with Eliza as much as I prefer. I put her in her favorite pink vibrating chair and haul her around with me as I'm washing walls and baseboards, packing up bathroom cabinets, etc., and that sweet girl has been a really good sport through it all.
However, I can't blame her if sometimes she's just plain bored to tears. This morning, I've been packing up a lot of the appliances in the kitchen, and I looked over and Eliza had a sadly blank expression on her face. (I like to think it wasn't a face of total boredom and that she was tired and ready for some sleep.) So without thinking, I started a perfectly embarrassing circus entertainers act... to the tune of Hall and Oates' Maneater. (Thank you, Grooveshark.) Seriously guys, it was rockin'. And by rockin', I actually mean ridiculous.
But Eliza smiled, so I consider it a total win. Then she yawned and told me it was time for a nap. Life is lovely--albeit a little up-in-the-air crazy.
No comments:
Post a Comment