In light of my last post, the "quote" I'll share with you was an exchange I had with Blake last night before falling asleep that made me so grateful he's my husband. (It just so happens that this post fills my post requirements for both Saturday and Sunday. Is that cheating?...)
After a few of the things I had mentioned in our prayer together, Blake asked,
"Are you doing okay?"
"Yeah. I'm just a little afraid."
"Of what?"
"Of our life."
Now at this point, husbands, what would you say? Your answer depends on your wife--you know her better than anyone. Blake knows me well. He didn't skip a beat and somehow his simple response was exactly the calming reassurance I needed:
"Our life is perfect."
"Yes it is. ...*silence*... I love you."
"I love you, too."
Did he mean literally perfect? Not really. But it's perfect for us. Whatever happens in the next few weeks will be happening with Blake holding my hand. So I know everything will be just fine splendid. "Our life is perfect."
No comments:
Post a Comment