Thursday, May 9, 2013

3 months

You forget so soon that they come so little...



 Who is that tiny, skinny little girl we're holding??


Three months ago, Eliza was just 6 1/2 pounds. Now the little chunket has doubled her weight and she's sporting dimpled elbows, charming fat rolls on her legs, and her oh-so-adorable double chin.

Three months ago, we could barely keep Eliza awake long enough to eat. Now she's playing, smiling, and interacting with us every day. We tease her and she'll tease back. I feed her and she thanks me with smiles. I see her budding personality a little more each day.

Three months ago, the little newborn diapers looked two sizes too big on Eliza. Now she's busting out of Size 1 and I can't wait to finish off our pack and get into Size 2.

Three months ago, I wasn't sure breastfeeding was really possible. Now Eliza and I are pros and feedings take a third or fourth of the time that they used to.

The last three months have completely changed my life. And wow... what a blessed change.  I wasn't sure I could ever do this. But here I am--doing it! Thank you, Eliza, for joining our family. We love you so much and can't imagine not having you along for this wonderful ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment