Monday, May 6, 2013

So... we're moving


Which was obviously inevitable since our dear grandparents and benefactors are returning from their mission, but I mean really moving. The last stronghold we were hoping for in our ward boundaries (3 Bedrooms, 2 Bathrooms, $500/month. WHAT?? Where do we sign?!) was taken by the couple just ahead of us in line. Apparently friends of the renting family get precedent over beloved ward associates. Weird.

So that means we're moving. Not down the street. Most likely away from Happy Valley and beyond the point of the mountain into the big, bad Salt Lake County. Why do I feel like Frodo leaving the Shire and heading for Mordor?

Okay, that's a little dramatic (Who, me? Dramatic?? What IS the world coming to?...), but I can't help wishing that we could stay. We love the area, love the ward, love the library, Beth can visit any time, it's close to Blake's family, and Eliza and I would have loved being so close to G&G when they got home. But it looks like the man upstairs has a different adventure in mind for us than we had for ourselves. I'm sure it'll be a great one! We'll find another area to love, another ward to love, I will bribe Beth to still come visit me by promising to let her bathe Eliza, and perhaps there will be another Seriously-the-Best-Library-in-the-World library where we move to. (Perhaps not. But we'll get over it.)

Buckle up--the next few weeks are going to have some wildly new things in store!

No comments:

Post a Comment