A little of what has been going on lately:
- We moved. With less than 40 hours to spare before Grandma and Grandpa got home, but it all worked out! We moved out, the house was wonderfully immaculate, and the yard was lovely and welcoming. It all worked out. I can scarcely believe it.
- The day we moved, Blake and I discovered a flood in the basement. (So technically, only the upstairs was "wonderfully immaculate.") Such hilarious timing, wouldn't you say? It really was what you could call a "perfect storm." Thank goodness the flood wasn't our fault--that would have killed me! I'm glad we discovered it so we could get the fiasco under control so Grandma and Grandpa didn't have to deal with that right as they got home. Things are just about taken care of and on the bright side (?), Grandma gets to pick out new carpet for the basement.
- Grandma and Grandpa got home. It's so fun to have them nearby! I especially love watching the joy that Eliza brings to Grandma. I'm looking forward to many Grandma Days and visits.
- Blake's brother, Jace, got baptized. Way to go, buddy!
- Eliza's baby blessing. What a happy, happy day full of the people I love. Life is wonderful.
- Working on transitioning to a new scene--getting unpacked, finding a place for everything, and finding myself in the midst of all of the change. I was counseling with Blake on things that might be helpful for me and he had a suggestion that surprised me: read a book completely for fun. Not to learn how to be a better mom or better wife or better disciple or better homemaker or better person (can you tell what kind of books I read?)... just something wonderful I can purely enjoy and lose myself in. With some degree of incredulity, I went to the library and checked out some books that have been recommended and loved by several women I adore and revere. My picks: Shannon Hale's Princess Academy and Goose Girl. Wow. I inhaled Princess Academy and couldn't believe the difference it has made in my life in general. Blake's thought was certainly inspired and I'm grateful that we're learning how valuable counseling together can be and the strength we can generate by leaning on one another.
- Aaron's Birthday--also a very happy day full of people I love. Blake and I were especially excited to finally meet Aaron's friend, Kaitlyn. What an awesome girl! If I had to guess, I'd say it was probably the happiest birthday Aaron has had in a long time. :) His birthday was on a Sunday so we all went home for a birthday dinner, but as per tradition, we also hit up Maddox's the following weekend. I love any occasion to be with family, especially at Maddox's!
- Blake's first Father's Day where he could hold and love his little girl. Father's Day a year ago was really special: I had mustered the courage to actually go buy a pregnancy test the day before, and I gave Blake the unopened test as a Father's Day gift, letting him choose whether or not we would actually give it a shot. We decided to go for it, and got to share the overwhelming joy and awe and disbelief that we were actually going to be parents. It's a day I won't ever forget, and it was a wonderful first Father's Day for us.
- Eliza is 4 months old now! She had a doctor's appointment on Monday which meant more shots. It was the first appointment and set of shots I've done without Blake, and Eliza and I both did really well. Eliza is a champ: she has an initial outburst with the pokes and is easily soothed after that. Brave girl!
- We're working on getting her last feeding of the night down to 8:30 and the first feeding of the day around 7:30. This means my milk supply is currently a yee-haw experience, but it's definitely worth it! The first night we gave it a shot, Eliza absolutely nailed it. Second night (last night), was more or less a disaster. That's okay though; two steps forward, one step back. We'll get there. :)
- Alma. Eliza and I are doing well with our goal!
- Eliza sleeping better through the night.
- Pike Family Reunion
- The baptism of a Spanish family Blake worked with in Orem
- A trial camping run prior to our family vacation to Yellowstone!
- Cousin Jadon's sealing and baby blessing!
- Quinton being home for the summer.
- Immersing ourselves in our new ward.
No comments:
Post a Comment