Here's a quick look at the shenanigans we were up to this past week:
Our little Corolla was packed to the hilt.
Breaking in the new umbrella stroller:
We were able to catch a few geysers in full swing (other than Old Faithful).
Our favorite was the Lion Geyser.
Old Faithful, of course
Lower Falls
Those of you who have been to Yellowstone might remember the 300+ stairs
The first waterfall we came across in the park.
Not as grand as upper and lower falls, but beautifully terraced and picturesque.
Mammoth Hot Springs - probably one of our favorites.
Mammoth; Eliza took the picture... ;)
This is how we kept her little white arms from getting sunburned.
I can't tell you how many people oo-ed and ahh-ed (in English and Asianese) over Eliza.
Everywhere we went people couldn't get enough of her!
Hooligans:
Caribou Central.
There were seriously about 25 caribou just chilling in the middle of this city. I can just hear the dialogue: "Psh. You can't shoot us... We have an army of forest rangers who will confiscate your gun and shoot YOU! And yes, it is our prerogative to eat the community lawn, thank you very much."
(I suppose no animal is that snippy or hoity-toity. Except the cat family.)
Bears!
Two bears, tons of caribou, several elk, a few deer, an eagle, and five or six bison.
I'd say our nature sightings were a success.
The brink of the Lower Falls.
(If you go back up to our Lower Falls picture, you can see people on the brink lookout point just above Blake's head.)
The Grand Canyon of Yellowstone. Gorgeous.
Eliza was an absolute champ with the whole vacation, camping business.
She even slept without stirring once the last night we were there!
Upper Falls
Our cute little camper:
So Gangsta:
I love these. (Both people and both pictures.)
Driver's Seat Diaper Changes:
You never realize how sloped car seats are until you change a poopy diaper on one.
Fountain Paint Pots:
We absolutely had a wonderful time. It was a much-needed break and it was everything a good vacation should be! Here were the top five best things for me:
#5: Planning a trip with the man I love. For years, we went on family vacations that were planned by our parents. (And well-planned at that!) We were never in charge of the itinerary and always happily went along for the ride. But now, we get to be the ones holding the maps, choosing where to go, what to do, where to stop for lunch and for gas, etc. etc. It's more responsibility, but it's a fun adventure to take charge of with my best friend.
#4: Forgetting to bring the laptop. Blake and I talked for hours around the campfire each night and loved the time we got to spend with just the two of us. (Eliza snoozing away in the tent.) It was the best thing we've done for our relationship in a long time.
#3: Getting home from the trip with renewed motivation for the things I do in my life. I felt so energized the next morning to clean, organize, cook, take care of Eliza, and get cute for when Blake got home. I didn't quite get to a few of those goals (dinner and getting cute) because Eliza needed more time, but I am learning that my goals and expectations for the day need to be flexible in case of Eliziatic Emergencies. :)
#2: Getting home from the trip so in love with Eliza and so grateful to be her mom. Breaking out of the everyday routine was really good for our relationship. I need to find ways to do it together more often--perhaps on a weekly basis.
#1: Getting home from the trip very, very much in love with Blake and so profoundly grateful to be his wife. That reason alone makes the vacation a complete success and every dollar well-spent. I love my life with Blake and I get excited at the thought of sharing more adventures and experiences together.
In short, life's good. As always.
So cute!! Looks like you guys had a blast! We should plan a little camping trip up AF canyon sometime!
ReplyDeleteWe would LOVE to! I know right now your schedule is considerably crazier than ours, so let us know a time that would work for you and we'll get some plans rolling.
DeleteThe baby bunting is so precious!! I LOVE her hat. Cute pictures!
ReplyDelete