My already less-than-lovely posture has become quite dismal post-baby. I think part of that is due to having zero core strength (What can I say? My abs were busy holding a human for several months...) and also to nursing and bending down to the baby instead of holding her up to me. I'm working on it; we'll see if I can change some habits.
Budgeting is beautiful. Spending money is a much more cognizant experience, and I'm generally excited to go home and report my spending on our Excel spreadsheet. (Unless, of course, it's for something stupid, like library late fees.) I sense a shopping revolution in the works.
I love books. I just started Shannon Hale's third installment in the Books of Bayern. Such a sweet escape.
I'm not sure reading the Book of Mormon out loud with Eliza this year was a very effective goal. Sometimes I feel like I don't get anything out of it as I'm reading and juggling her. But we're doing so well (Alma 14!) that it's hard for me to want to accept abandoning my goal in favor of something more effective, like silent personal study. I guess I could do both, but there's only so much time to go around. I have been enjoying Conference talks, so perhaps that's good enough for now? Oh, by the way, we're closer to the coming conference than we are to the last conference. Woo hoo!
I'm so excited for this weekend. Cousin Jadon's sealing and baby blessing! The temple, lots of family, our other favorite people Justin and Shelly (who will be taking pictures at the temple and taking care of Eliza during the sealing)--this weekend is going to be wonderful.
So I haven't seen Beth in eons. (And by eons, I think I mean over a month. You realize that's over 1/18th of a mission, right?) It's truly ridiculous. Thank goodness that drought is going to end soon.
I'm going to head back to my book for a bit while Eliza's still napping. Have a nice Thursday; tomorrow is Friday!
No comments:
Post a Comment