Friday, July 19, 2013

A New Day

What a night! Eliza was past the worst most action-packed part of the night by about 3:00. Although we're both pretty tired this morning, I'd call the night a success and I have high hopes for tonight as well. Let's hope that Eliza remembers the things she's learned and holds the ground she's already gained.

Blake also had quite the night with even less sleep than Eliza and I got. As I was writing last night, he came down the stairs dressed in his work clothes. He'd gotten the call that the dew was on and it was time to get the machines rolling. Thank goodness he'd slept decently well until then and missed most of Eliza's racket because when I got up this morning before eight, he was walking in the door from hauling hay only to get on the road to head to West Jordan for a full work day. I don't know how he does it, but I'm so amazed by and grateful for his work ethic.

There's our night in a nut-shell. Never a dull moment!

P.S. I received a splendid surprise this morning:  as I was eating breakfast, in from the garage walk Mom and Dad! They weren't supposed to get home until tonight, but they came home early so Dad could join the work party and Mom could play with me and Eliza. Today's going to be a wonderful day and I'm so, so excited to be with my family in the temple tomorrow for such a happy occasion! Happy Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment