Monday, April 1, 2013

Mom Goals

Sometimes I get this (irrational?) fear that I'm a bad or boring mom, or that I will be. Maybe it's because I'm so tired in this stage of life and I can't imagine ever having the get-up-and-go to be a fun mom. But, to make myself feel better, I've been drafting out a list of the Fun-Engaged-Mom things I want to do sometime in the next twenty or thirty years. Here are just a few:

  • Sit down on the ground and draw with sidewalk chalk.
  • Have a picnic somewhere near a temple.
  • Walk to the library and let her pick out library books.
  • Walk to the store and pick out a treat together or try a new fruit we've never had before.
  • Go fly kites.
  • Take her to Antelope Island, play in the sand and water, and hike to the top of Buffalo Point.
  • Go swing at a park.
  • Blow bubbles.
  • Make cookies and let her pour in some of the ingredients on a stool next to the counter.
  • Scrimmage with Blake and the kids--whether that be basketball, soccer, volleyball, or kickball.
I hereby commit to do these things sometime in my time as a mother.

Even though she's little and some/most of these things will have to wait for a few months or years, I feel better already. And in the meantime, I think I'll go have some tummy time with Eliza.

No comments:

Post a Comment