- She's down to one middle-of-the-night feeding. That's a lot easier on me, but I'm looking forward to her sleeping through the night. Keep your fingers crossed!
- She has rolled/flopped over once and we're anxiously watching for a repeat stunt.
- Her neck is so much stronger and she holds up her head with much more control these days. It's nice for her to feel more solid now and not quite so fragile and flimsy.
- She is in the process of discovering her hand. Just this weekend I've seen it in or near her mouth more than ever before. I can't help but hope she also finds her thumb like her Mama did.
- She still sneezes like crazy, just like Dad. Every now and again we get a "four-sneeze special," just like Blake's.
- She wolfs her food down. Whenever we pump we have to have at least 5 ounces to tie her over until she can get back to Mom's unlimited buffet.
- She is growing like a weed! (A cute, dainty-looking weed that fills a meadow in the mountains in an ever-so-lovely fashion. For example...) She has grown out of several sleepers and is on the brink of busting the seams out of several others. This also means she's growing into new little outfits. Hooray! I don't think Blake ever thought he could love playing dress up so much, but he loves getting her dolled up as much as I do. (Maybe more!)
- Smiles, smiles, smiles! Happy baby, happy mommy.
- She's excellent at focusing on faces and will follow objects back and forth.
- She is a colossal burper. Period.
- She loves her baths. She's always been a kicker and that is made manifest even moreso in the kitchen sink. I have to be careful that she doesn't bonk her head too hard on the wall of the sink when she's power-kicking her legs around.
- She's starting to "save up" her bowel movements. (That statement doesn't qualify this post as being about poop. It's about her 2 month update... So there.) This is kind of unfortunate because it increases the likelihood of massive blowouts and she also gets quite uncomfortable when she's been saving up for too long.
- As mentioned, Eliza loves to kick her legs. I love it too. It's hard to imagine there was a time when those kicks just about killed me. (Or at least my ribs.)
- Daddy finally said our very favorite swaddle blankets had to go--Eliza had just plain outgrown them and they couldn't reliably get the job done. So after a long moment of silence and a few tears, we said goodbye to our soft, pink swaddle blankets, and Eliza is now moving up in the world of swaddles. Say hello to the SleepSack (I call it the Swaddle Bucket): the velcro-powered, safe and snuggy straight jacket that will have your baby begging to be bound and bookied to a wonderland slumberland. (Okay, that sentence got ridiculous, but the more pishposh I wrote the bigger I smiled, so it's staying.) Eliza really likes it, but we've also been trying out no swaddling or minimal swaddling. I can't believe it, but she is actually able to fall asleep without her arms being tied down. I never thought I'd live to see the day.
- Eliza loves reading with Mommy. (I think?) We have book hour together each morning by the fireplace.
- Her favorite song is Joseph Smith's First Prayer. It can best the nastiest case of the hiccups every time.
- Eliza has always been very vocal, but I've found out recently that that is not the case with all babies. She grunts, coos, and will throw out little yells and shouts when she's not bothered by anything that make it appear as though she's just testing out her voice. My favorite are her little squawks.
- All babies will kind of laugh in their sleep from time to time, but we've heard a string of full-belly laughter from Eliza. It was a one-time deal, but we're excited to see more of those soon.
- Eliza has a shocked expression when she has very loud blasts into her pants, as if to say, "Oh my gosh! Was that me??" Proof that I'm not making that up: (you can verify with Grandma who is holding her and changed the messy diaper)
- Her feedings have gotten much less ridiculous now that I found out they're only supposed to take 10-20 minutes. Apparently you don't have to feed them until they won't eat. Once they stop on their own, they should be good for another three hours.
- Her peach fuzz and eyelashes are growing. (Eyelashes faster than her fuzz.)
- Even when she's hungry or tired or not feeling well, she puts her best foot forward when she has visitors. She'll smile and put on a show for them even if she's starving. But the second they're out the door, she lets me know that it is time to eat!
- Eliza loves her little vibrating bouncer chair.
- Would totally be a binky addict if I let her.
- She was quite the tough muffin for her 2-month shots. I was surprised how little she cried and how easily we were able to calm her. And she got some cut polka-dotted bandaids out of the mix so everybody wins.
- On the not bright side, Eliza was one of the babies that got a fever in response to the vaccinations. We became acquainted with cries and screams that we'd never heard before. She became acquainted with Children's Grape Tylenol. We're still working on being able to swallow drops from a dropper. Eliza seems to just play with the medicine in her mouth with an odd expression on her face until it kind of seeps out her mouth and dribbles all over her chin.
- We've decided she looks like Daddy, at least for now. Maybe as she gets older she'll start to look more like me.
- If she hears music while she's eating, she'll stop what she's doing just to listen.
- She will usually abide booger-suctioning patiently.
- I love her yawns and the little lip smacks that follow.
- Gorgeous blue eyes. Those are going to drive boys wild someday.
- She LOVES to arch her back and has from day one. It used to really kind of freak me out because of how arched her spine would be, but not so much anymore. Maybe she'll be a gymnast?
- Her toes are so little that she constantly has little bits of lint and fuzz jammed between them. She also gets thumb jam on her hands.
- She's got an impressive death grip. She loves to put her fingers into a fist and spread them out over and over.
- She discovered my hair. {Dang it?}
Wow... that list got much longer than I anticipated! But being a mother and wife is my life right now, and it's good for me to see that I'm up to my neck in "life" and enjoying all of the little moments and quirks that make life so grand.
And now some photos for you picture-deprived readers. Prepare to fall in love.
- "Daddy, who's that pretty lady over there with the camera?"
We're becoming quite the good friends, she and I.
This can sometimes be crazy and tough and exhausting and overwhelming, but my goodness--it's a wonderful life.
Fun post! Yes, that was a long bullet list . . .
ReplyDelete