I'm in a very difficult moment of motherhood. Generally speaking, yes, this time of life is quite the challenge--but also specifically: right here, right now. I've been sending up sincere and pleading one-liners to an ever-listening God as I've been trying to know what's best for Eliza. "Heavenly Father, please comfort me. Heavenly Father, please guide my mind to know what to do. Heavenly Father, please help me feel some peace." I know He's listening. I know I'm not alone. I also know that what is happening right now is fairly normal. But I can't help but wish there were an easier way.
Heavenly Father, are you
really there? Do you hear and answer
every child's prayer?
Heavenly Father, I remember now--something that Jesus told disciples long ago:
"Suffer the children to come to me and forbid them not.
For of such is the kingdom of heaven."
Every new mom goes through times like these...you are not alone! Just do your best and that is all that matters. The best thing that we can learn from little children is that no matter what, no matter how badly you mess up in the beginning, they will always love you.
ReplyDelete