Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Names and Meds

I have to make a conscious effort to call Eliza by her real name. I use such an array of nicknames and terms of endearment all the time that if I'm not careful, the poor girl isn't going to know what her name is. Instead, she'll be confused between Love, Sugar, Sugar-Love, Sister, Girlie, Sweet Sister, Honey, Jane Dear, Miss Jane, Miss Liza (that at least is a step in the right direction...), etc.

Oh dear. They sound so much less gagable when I say them out loud to Eliza instead of type them out in succession. Keep in mind that these are mother-to-daughter terms, rather than lover-to-lover. By rights that should make them less nauseating.

Anyway, Miss ELIZA has picked up another cold, the poor thing. She makes valiant efforts to be a happy girl in spite of her raspy voice and her undoubted discomfort. I've got a question for you readers: 

Infant/Children's Tylenol (which, by the way, are the same recipe--they just put the Infant Tylenol in a smaller bottle and charge you more for it) --- In small little babies, should it only be used in cases of fever? Or would you use it to relieve "minor aches and pains associated with the common cold"? You know, just to kind of take the edge off the discomfort and help them feel/sleep a little better? I know that many adults do that, but should it be different for these 2-month-old little bodies? Or if you stick to the dosage instructions should it not be any different? I've already asked the nurses at the doctor's office, but I wanted to get some opinions from some of my fellow moms or children of moms (that's everybody) and see what you guys think.

All right guys, load up the comment board. :) And have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment