Why do I feel the most motivation to post in the middle of the night?... Justification: Eliza has one more burp that needs to come out but it's working it's way up. So in the meantime, I'll write.
Eliza just messed her diaper three diapers in a row. After finishing Diaper Change #2, my gusto was wearing thin and I was praying for the patience I'd run out of. We finished changing, got dressed in her sleeper, and I laid her in my lap to get settled before getting wrapped up and ready for sleep. She just looked up at me--calm, quiet, and wide-eyed. As I looked down into her sweet little face and locked her gaze, I felt the frustration inside me begin melting away. I said aloud, "Eliza, I'm sorry I got mad because you messed your pants."
*cue immediate pants-messing noise*
Yeah. So ironic. It's like the stars perfectly aligned in the name of me finding patience I didn't know I had. It's almost as if Eliza answered, "Oh good. I'm glad you're sorry and not mad anymore, because I actually need to poop again. Sorry 'bout that, Mom!" Commence Diaper Change #3. Is it okay I'm hoping there's not a fourth?...
It's hard for Eliza to feel like going to sleep after all that commotion, but I finally got her settled down to the point where she could agree it was time to go to sleep. As I laid that little swaddled pink burrito-baby into her crib, she smiled a sweet smile to me as if to say, "Thanks for changing my diaper three times, Mom. You're the best. I love you."
I love you, too, Eliza. Poopy diapers and all.
No comments:
Post a Comment