Thursday, March 21, 2013

Problem Solving

I have come to a conclusion:

Parenthood is for problem-solvers.

I trust my skills will increase significantly with time and continued effort, but good heavens, what an uphill climb! Eliza's naps have become total rubbish--as in she generally doesn't sleep after 12:00 or 1:00 clear until bedtime with the exception of a few catnaps. I'm not sure why. I've offered more milk thinking she might be hungry (she certainly looks like she's saying "I'm starving!"), and then offered formula after feeding wondering if my milk supply or quality is decreasing--she doesn't take the complementary bonus formula so it must not be a hunger issue. I help her get all (?) the burps, I put her in the 'prime toot position' and help her get her gas out, I help her wind down to the point where she's settled, calmed, and ready to sleep, set her down, and a short while later, all heck breaks loose. Poor dear. Poor neighbors. Poor Mama. Poor everyone.

On the very, very bright side, I have these two in my life every day:


What I said from the very beginning still stands:

No comments:

Post a Comment