Today was a great morning.
I woke up and both The Man and his pillow weren't next to me. I threw on the bright pink and yellow moo-moo Beth gave me and ventured into the living room, knowing that Blake must have moved to the couch at some point in search of a better night's sleep. (Which usually works like a charm. Maybe its cooler in the living room?) I walk into the living room and see him propped up on his pillow reading a book. He looks up and smiles. I melt.
I plopped on top of him and we snuggled on the couch for about an hour, just talking about our respective yesterdays since we didn't see each other until 11:00 p.m. last night. We talked until our stomachs protested loud enough, then went into the kitchen where I made waffles for breakfast.
After breakfast, Blake called in to work and asked when they needed him to come in. He was scheduled for 2:00 but they said they could use him as early as 11:00. Blake usually takes all the hours he can. He loves to work. Imagine my surprise when he said, "Actually, if it's all the same to you, I'll come in around 12:00...thirty...forty-five." I smiled and he hung up. And then it was back to the couch, until we decided we wouldn't be nearly so smunched if we were on our bed. (Disregard this post.)
We just laze-blazed the morning away, talking about everything under the sun, snuggling and smooching and laughing and being all sorts of happy. Isn't life grand?
We finally rolled out of bed in time for lunch and for Blake to head off to work. With a few more kisses and a long hug goodbye, Blake headed to DT in our oh-so-glamorous Ford Escort with one missing hubcap.
And as I've sat pondering the morning, I've come to a lovely conclusion:
I lead an extraordinarily charmed life.
I'd venture to guess that we all do. Wouldn't you agree? :)
Happy Thursday!
No comments:
Post a Comment