Nine months ago, I was sitting with all of the people I love most in the BYU Skyroom watching Dan, Jake, and Aaron perform their Blake and Annie "Jolly Holiday" tribute. (For those of you who don't know, I absolutely love Mary Poppins. Always have, always will.) At that point, I was sitting in a white dress next to my best friend and brand new husband. What a jolly nine months it has been!
Blake's best friend (Justin) is getting married August 3. My two best friends from high school are getting married August 10 (Kate) and August 17 (Chelsea). It'll be a really fun, happy three Fridays in a row, with our first anniversary tucked right in the middle. The other day, Chelsea posted this on facebook:
"I promised myself I wasn't going to be that bride who counts down the minutes and seconds to her wedding. But I realized something today that made me smile. 100 days!!"
This sparked my interest and I counted the number of days Blake and I were even engaged. Let's put it this way... Blake and I got married 122 days after our first kiss. (Granted, he had to wait about a decade for that first kiss. "Are you gonna kiss me or not?" was our theme song for several weeks.) In any case, that just makes me laugh and shake my head. To be young and crazy is a wonderful thing. :)
So... what are we up to nine months later? Today, Frosted Minispooners and Cinnamon Toast Crunch for breakfast, Blake's at work for a few hours today, I vacuumed our house and cleaned the shower way better than I ever did for cleaning checks (having a shower wand is so nice for cleaning!), and later this afternoon Blake and I are going to go do a session in the Mt. Timpanogos temple. We didn't plan our temple trip to be on the eleventh, but it's a nice coincidence all the same. A little later, we might keep listening to Harry Potter on tape. It's our new favorite pastime together.
In short, life is good. There are surprises, adventures, challenges, and mountains to climb, but it's a great journey that I'm glad I'm taking with Blake.
No comments:
Post a Comment