(Written on Thursday, May 24)
I have been so blog-happy as of late, and I like it. So many times throughout my day something funny or inspiring will happen that I just want to share with whomever reads this. (Which remains to be a wondrous mystery. Oh the wonderful world of open blogging...)
Here's a little of what has been going on:
Blake and I are back on the farm with Blake learning the tricks of the family trade while I go to class in Salt Lake. I daresay he well surpassed my farming prowess in his first week as a rookie. Seriously, he's taken to it like a fish to water. What a studly champ. His farmer tan is coming along nicely and he's getting to more fully live his Farmer's Daughter dream. Pictures coming soon!
I only have four more class periods for Spring term (!) and thus far, my classes have been going just swimmingly. Remember my multiple humanities rants a while ago? I take it all back. Who knew humanities could be so enjoyable?? Thank you, Professor Rimmasch... You are a credit to your field of study. I'm also taking an Infant Development class, in which I'm both learning a lot and trying not to be intimidated by a lot. "If ye are prepared, ye shall not fear." Oh wait, there's no way to really be prepared is there?... Oh well, a little book learnin' can only help, I s'pose. And it's definitely interesting material!
In other news, we've had a few intense, scary "firsts" together. Blake's is much more epic than mine.
My best friend was ejected from an open-cab bale wagon (see below) when a minivan hit him from behind going 50 mph. Miraculously, Blake walked away without a scratch, as did the mother and one-year-old in the car seat. The minivan, of course, was maimed and totaled. (Note: do NOT try and get in a fight with a bale wagon. YOU WILL LOSE.) Completely not Blake's fault, but it was so scary. It really is amazing how many things were perfectly arranged in order for him (and the mom) to not have been injured. It shudder to think of how many different ways this experience could have ended horrifically.
My scary first, like I said, is much less intense. Last Sunday I had my first round as Junior Primary Chorister! The kids have been left to their own devices for a couple of months (subs in and out, very little consistency, etc.), so it was quite a challenge to keep them captivated, but I think I pulled it off! It must have gone pretty well because after Singing Time, the Primary President got up and said, "Sister Hull is going to be our new, permanent Chorister for singing time," after which the crowds erupted in uproarious applause. (Okay, not applause, but some definite little-kid-rejoicing was going on!) Oh my heck, guys... I felt like doing a primariatic victory dance. Right there in front of the kids and teachers and presidency and everything. There's still a TON for me (and them) to learn and a lot of hurdles to climb over, but I think it was a great first Sunday. Maybe a few weeks/months down the road I won't be sweating bullets on Sunday and getting butterflies two days before church. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment