BLAKE
^ Happy giggles while doing the hand-stand trick with Daddy ^
1. He's always so gracious about whatever I make (or don't make) for dinner. He'll eat pretty much anything and he's very supportive and encouraging in my role as homemaker. I know it's a little thing, but it's a daily thing that makes me feel accepted as I am.
2. He has never once commented on the length of my showers. (Unless it's to praise me for how impressed he is at my speedy showers. Running late on Sunday mornings, anyone?) It's nice that he doesn't call me out when I take a shower that's more luxurious than it is economical. I appreciate that he lets so many little things not become a big deal.
3. He indulges me when I shamelessly fish for compliments.
4. He wants to be an active part of Eliza's life. When he gets home from work, I'm generally ready for a break from Eliza and he whole-heartedly embraces the opportunity for some 'Daddy Time,' even though he has been working all day.
5. He has an incredible work ethic. It really amazes me. Last week he missed a day of work and still got 42 hours in, plus an extra 10 on the farm. I know whatever happens in our future or the world's future, our family will be taken care of with Blake at the head.
6. I've had some bizarre and minor health issues in the last six months or so, and Blake has never rolled his eyes at hearing the same old bodily report over and over again. Instead, he's sincere in his compassion and really wants to make sure the issues get taken care of. It helps me know he cares about me.
7. I love that he enjoys spending time with family as much as I do. That's one of our favorite things to do together: visit and hang out with our families.
8. I love that he shares cool things from his business classes with me. It's fun to have him come home and tell me over dinner what neat thing he learned in class that day. I've developed a genuine business interest because of the things Blake studies and shares with me.
9. Even though snuggling isn't always his cup of tea, he knows that it's mine, so he snuggles me every day.
10. I love that he reads and takes an interest in my writing. (Usually over breakfast in the morning.) Have a great day at work, Blake!


No comments:
Post a Comment