Yes, that title is grammatically incorrect. But it's an intentional use of writer's license and I like the catchy alliteration and continuity. Jolly good, eh?
The bucket-load of snow that has been dumped and continues to dump on our little house completely saps me of my resolve to "go out and about." I promised myself that today would be the day: I would actually commit and go and get my hair cut. (Not to mention go grocery shopping, return some things to the library, etc.) I even got dressed, put in my eyes, got made up--the whole nine yards. But now I just look outside at the snow softly falling and I'm absolutely sure that staying cozy at home under a blanket is a much more reasonable and productive idea. (?)
Sleep deprivation also makes going out tough. (I'm sure I'll laugh at this statement in a month or so when I'm up with a sweet little bundle night after night.) I've had several days in a row now that I haven't been sleeping very well. Turns out that an almost fully developed baby does quite a number on ones internal organs and bone structure... Who knew? Take last night for example--I can hardly blame Baby Girl for this, but I was wide awake until somewhere around 3:00 (unlocking the secrets of the universe, of course), after which I tossed and turned with a bowling ball stashed in my fanny pack that settled oh-so-nicely into my right rib cage. One thing I can say for this girl--she certainly is a snuggler! (Just like her Momma!)
Note-- Why do they call it a fanny pack? When they first came out did people wear them on their backs rather than their fronts? Tummy pack or gut pack or something of the sort seems more logical to me. Shrug.
Well, that's it folks. We'll see if I get up the gumption to pin up my heavy eyelids and brave the beautiful snow enough to have my out and about adventures. Happy Tuesday!
No comments:
Post a Comment