12 Great Things of 2012:
- Positive pregnancy test. What a special moment--I'm so glad Blake and I shared it together.
- 20-Week Ultrasound. We thought the first ultrasound was amazing... The second blew us away! Everything started to feel much more real because we were looking at vertebrae, kidneys, a bladder, a diaphragm, heart valves opening and closing, little fingers, a strong femur bone, a brain, two little bum cheeks (no really, I'm serious--it was wonderful) and so much more. And to find out the little thing moving inside me was a girl? Very happy moment for me and Blake.
- The final decision for Blake's vocation: Global Supply Chain. There really couldn't be a more perfect fit for him and he's so happy with his studies and his classes. It's a great, solid feeling for both of us!
- Graduating. Bittersweet, but such a feeling of fulfillment and completion.
- Meeting Quinton. Blake's brother got home from his mission in late August and I finally got to meet this notorious kid I've been hearing outrageous stories about for months. What a guy! Quinton has a way about him that just makes you, how you say, smitten? (Obviously not the oo-la-la, romanticky smitten. Don't be mortified.) Come on Megan and Heather (cousins), back me up on this. Who isn't in love with Quinton in some way or another?...
- Taking a marriage class with Blake. Such a fun experience and a great growth opportunity for both of us. And we're pretty much tight with Lloyd Newell now, so if you see us subbing for him on Music and the Spoken Word, don't be surprised. :)
- Making it through Winter 2012. That semester stretched (and even broke) me more than any other in my life, but it served its purpose as a refining crucible. Truly lifechanging.
- Farming this summer. There's something really sexy about watching Blake pull into the yard driving a fully-loaded bale wagon and realizing that yes--that tan hunk of ripped masculinity is all man...my man. Feel free to be jealous, ladies. I don't mind.
- Trips/Being with Family. Our first family trip together to Arches, an amazing cruise to Alaska with the Briggs Family, and a perfect Christmas Season with both of our families. Family: Isn't it about, time?
- The Primary Program. Proud mother hen with all her little chicks on stage performing their hearts out. This year will be great as well!
- Announcing we were pregnant: to both sets of parents on Father's Day and our families later in August.
- Taking a sewing class. Probably the best class decision of my final semester. I know it sounds like an easy-A class, but you'd definitely be surprised! I worked my tail off and am so proud of the things I've sewn and excited about the new skills I'm still developing.
- Giving birth. It's one of my New Year's Resolutions. (Haha, take that--I'll for sure accomplish at least one!) I've been curious about childbirth for so long and now it's my turn. I feel like I still have no idea what I'm doing, but I trust that my body will.
- Finding out this month where Blake will intern.
- Blake's internship this summer. It'll certainly be a new adventure!
- Hopefully settling into our own semipermanent place, and at least getting a better idea this year of where we are going to be long-term. There is something so transient and fleeting about college. I'm looking forward to something that feels more solid and grounded.
- Blake's graduation! Proud wifey.
- My own commencement and walking in April with Beth.
- Lots of "firsts" with Little Girl - touching grass, swimming, fall, Halloween, snow, Christmas...
- Reading the Book of Mormon with Little Girl.
- Journaling for our family. (I have a goal to write four times a month.)
- Blake blessing our baby.
- Seeing what Little Girl looks like!
- Setting, pursuing, and achieving goals. I've got some really great ones this year.
- Decorating our "place" when we get one. Autumn Apt. felt like a very temporary stepping stone to G&G's house, and I haven't felt at liberty to nail holes in the wall, etc. at G&G's. Interior decorating really isn't my forte, but I'm excited to give it a shot and see what comes of it.
No comments:
Post a Comment