Tuesday, January 22, 2013
Comfort Food
So I mentioned that pregnancy gets more uncomfortable for me at night. Sticking to the trend, Braxton Hicks contractions (which started popping up a month or so ago) have also generally been more frequent and disagreeable at night. I think some women might label the sensation of BH contractions as "pain," (and who am I to say that theirs aren't painful--every pregnancy and body is different) but mine aren't painful, just more uncomfortable. I'll find myself instinctively trying to find some sort of position that relieves the pressure and tension in my abdomen, as if the strain is caused by some sort of digestive malfunction or acidic heartburn. That rarely works, but I suppose it's worth a shot?
I've also noticed that even though I don't feel sick at all, I always think that somehow, by their magical powers, saltine crackers will make me feel better. If I thought there might be any available room in my stomach cavity for something as cumbersome as carbon dioxide, I'd pair my beloved saltines with Sprite, but that just sounds like a bad idea when I already feel stuffed to the max. Even alone, saltines are wonderful; I love the crunch, the saltiness, the buttery toasted flavor... Bless their beautiful cracker hides.
There's nothing quite like good comfort food, wouldn't you say? What are your favorites?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
My favorites - treats. :)
ReplyDelete