Saturday, February 26, 2011

Justice or Just Us?

The title of this blog is a tribute to my brother, Aaron. If he ever comes across this, he may appreciate it, although I can't really imagine him ever reading my blog. Anyway, the title is kind of irrelevant, but it does bring up something you should know about me: I have had a very pervasive fairness complex for approximately 20 years, one month, twenty-one days, and five or so hours. (And probably for many, MANY years before that...) My mom always laughs and it's always the point of a joke when I'll say "it's not fair" without realizing it. Sometimes in the whiny way, yes, but other times (I like to think more often than not, now that I'm twenty years old and oh-so-mature--HAH), I'm completely correct--it really isn't fair. I'm fully aware that mortality is not about being fair, but that doesn't make it any less exasperating for me in the here and now.

There is something basically unfair about this blog, to the point that several times I've considered discontinuing it. Seriously, "IT'S NOT FAIR." But on principle, I'm sticking it out. (For now.) I know that's probably frustratingly ambiguous, but I just wanted to rant that out to anyone who reads--probably Chelsea, Melissa, and Mom.

I'll try not to be such a baby about fairness, but like Jo, sometimes I just want to take my little fiery self, go to war, and "stand up to the lions of injustice."

Consider my continuance of this blog today's standing up to the lions.

Rawr.

1 comment: