Thursday, February 10, 2011

Into the Spotlight

Okay, everyone. I profess to be a remarkably open person. Ask me what you want to know, and chances are I'll probably tell you. While that may be true, I've come to realize that in all my openness, I really do have more of a shell than I realized--and I'm good at hiding in it! Exhibit A- Over ninety percent of my facebook statuses are posted with the security setting set to "Only Me" (what's the point in that, you ask? It's a great venting venue and it also acts as a pretty stellar journal.) Exhibit B- I have had a blog for almost a year that only I have had access to. Exhibit C- ...Nah, I'll let Exhibit C keep being a secret

Anyway, this whole 'publishing myself to whoever cares to blog-stalk' business is definitely uncharted territory for me. It kinds of amazes me that so many people are willing to do it! I'm not entirely sure that I'll keep it up, but we'll see.

I'm not so sure about the "dauntless" debut--I find this slightly terrifying--but a debut nonetheless. So here I am: highlights, flaws, quirks, grammatical errors, ineloquencies, and all.

A word of warning to anyone who reads:
-I may either post very often, or very little. Sometimes multiple posts a day if I'm feeling the need to get whatever is in my head out and onto something substantial.
-You may as well accept right now that I enjoy using words that aren't necessarily words, but could be. (i.e. ineloquencies) If this drives you crazy, feel free to never read a post again.
-I think a lot of what I blog doesn't make sense. Of course I'll exercise much more discretion on this blog than on my personal blog--you guys don't want to hear all my rantings and ravings--but still, in looking back at things I've written, a lot of it is pretty insignificant or just doesn't make sense.
-If you're wanting to be entertained, this probably isn't a great blog to stalk. I do have some pretty incredible ones I can recommend to you, though!
-Watch out for sentimentality and cheese (yes, I can be a complete cheese puff).

I'm not publicizing the fact that this blog exists, so if you're reading this, be proud of your stalking abilities.

Well, I think that's about it. Brace yourself, everyone. I'm coming out from behind the curtains and into the spotlight of center stage.

No comments:

Post a Comment