Friday, February 11, 2011

Job Application: Check!

Oh good heavens. After hours (literally) of trying to figure out the BYU hiring process junk and coming up with compelling things to say about myself "in 150 words or less," my EFY counselor application(s) are now submitted! Hallelujah! I'm entering a little late in the game so I'm not sure if I'll get an interview, but I figure it's worth a shot. It's something I've always wanted to do and it would make for a very fulfilling, albeit exhausting summer.

One thing of note: Writing those "150 words or less" essays about myself really makes me so grateful for a mom! I had no idea what to write (I mean, when have I ever been motivating? Or taken charge of a team or group for something besides a dinky group project where people want to dump all of the work on one person. Etc. etc.) and naturally, who was the first person I called? Mom. :) She had a whole boatload of suggestions, and I was grateful for the realization that there's more to me than meets the eye, or at least my eye. Leave it to moms to be day-makers, along with the listening ear, spring board, motivator, voice of reason, vicarious balm of Gilead, and everything else. To moms everywhere (and particularly the one at home): THANK YOU!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment