Monday, February 21, 2011

"Dear February 21st..."

We all have days that launch uncomfortably large cinderblocks at the invisible red and white target rings on our chests. Dear February 21st, what a beautiful bull's eye. Don't get me wrong, you had some wonderful redeeming qualities! And I'm very grateful for them! But I am glad that tomorrow I'll wake up to a new day.

Here were some good things from today:
-Killing time in Salt Lake with Mom while a part was being repaired for Dad. Several hours to just pick her brain about everything from real estate to parenting to reminiscing about her college days to figuring out mine: golden.
-Being amazed at Chelsea's goodness. I answer the phone for once (I am the worst correspondent EVER) and she says, "Annie! You're getting so good at answering your phone! I'm so proud of you!" That sounds like it could be satirical or sarcastic--she said it in complete sweetness and sincerity. Chels, you are such a gem. Your positive, upbeat, encouraging way of dealing with me and dealing with life is the best dang thing ever. Thank you, m'dear.
-Being a fun aunt and taking Max to get frozen yogurt. I loved being a celebrity with the kids today. Tickle monster, caterpillar, and as promised the next time I come home, cops and robbers. Also, Cali's words are priceless. Man that girl is beautiful. Ope, one more... Will came and sat on my lap today. Thanks Will, I needed a snuggly bud today.
-Chatting with Karen both on the phone and when I went to pick up Max and being so grateful that she and Dan are back here in Utah. The 11 year gap in age between me and Dan is closing as I spend more time with them and I love it. I love being friends with them.
-Some quotable moments from The Secretariat that really made me laugh: "He's slower than a fat man encased in cement being drug backwards by a freight train." "There are some words of comfort that have always been a light to me in times of darkness and I'd like to share them with you now: 'Welcome to Kmart, valued customer.'"
-Amazing funeral/celebration potatoes. Thank you, Christy!
-Amazing food in general. Raspberry jello, grapes, steaks done by Aaron (thanks for making mine not pink, Aaron), baking powder biscuits, strawberries... Bounteous food is incredible.

See, not so bad, right?... Thanks for the gems, Feb 21. I'll keep trying to watch for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment