I'll be honest. I'm the type that when a rough day comes along, I generally prefer listening to somewhat tragic music. Fix You by Coldplay, Gravity by Sara Bareilles, And So it Goes by Billy Joel... The list goes on. If you ever need some good ones, let me know. I've got a lovely arsenal of perfectly heart-wrenching music.
Occasionally however, a rough day will come along and I don't even see it as rough... I see it as a total joke. Not a rhetorical, ironic joke, a legitimate joke that you legitimately laugh at. You know, those days where you don't believe life can possibly be being serious as you contemplate the number of fiascos or trainwrecks you've encountered. And then it hits you: the realization that yes, life is being completely serious. ..... HAH! That's HILARIOUS! And you bust up laughing.
That was yesterday's school day, and may I just say, oh what fun! I was cracking up all day long at how outrageous some of the happenings were. November 15, 2012: definitely a keeper.
The song that kept running through my mind was Sarah Buxton's That Kind of Day. "Standing still on the interstate and I swear some old lady just flipped me the bird. ...Did she just flip me the bird??... Ah ha!" No obscene old ladies yesterday, but you get the idea. All in all, it was a hilarious morning--just "that kind of day."
Today warrants a different song: The Best Day, by Taylor Swift. I dedicate it to both of my moms--the mom who raised me, who is far away today, and the mom who raised Blake, who I had a wonderfully blissful morning with. Seriously. I scored BIG TIME when I married Blake.
Biased advice of the day: marry your spouse's family, not just your spouse. You'll be missing out on so much fun, so much joy, and so many "best days" if you insist on being a stiff with your "in-laws." (What a lame phrase that incidentally gets such a bad wrap.) I love having two moms, two dads, and a multitude of younger siblings that I get to be the cool older sister to, even though I'm the youngest in my family.
That's all. Happy weekend, folks!
No comments:
Post a Comment