Thursday, March 15, 2012
Weird Day
I just feel weird. Driving home from 9 hours of classes, what sounded like the best idea to me was to keep working on homework. As I was driving, I knew I was hungry. I was going to enter the garage door with a healthy plan rather than an unhealthy one, but celery didn't sound good at all and I ended up eating some raw Cinnamon Toast Crunch instead (which I bought several boxes of at Walmart yesterday along with Reese's Puffs because (1) I love my husband, who loves sugary cereal, and (2) I ad-matched an awesome General Mills deal that turned out to yield 11 cents an ounce. Woot!). You know it really is outrageous that they call it Whole Grain Cereal. "More whole grain than any other ingredient!" Sure, General Mills. They never mention that sugar is the second ingredient... 1.0000001 parts whole grain, 1 part sugar if you ask me. ANYWAY, I put the box away fairly quickly, and went to the computer to start homework. But I jumped on facebook instead. Not for very long--just a minute or two and I turned instead to the blogs of the people I love. No new posts, so I turned to my blog to post about this last week playing Mom and Dad. Didn't feel like writing about that, so I did this instead. Not sure what I want to make for dinner. Not sure what kind of music I want to listen to while I do my reading for Theories. They always talk about spring fever. What is this--spring coma?? Oh well, it's definitely not a bad day. Just weird.
In other news, I curled my hair this morning. Actually, I did it last night, in what I now call "bobbypin curls." It worked remarkably well except when I took the curls out this morning, I looked very much like a poodle. My hair calmed down quickly, though, so I can add this to the tally books of successful attempts at curling my hair.
Caucus tonight. If I get fired up at either others' passivity or hogwash, I may just nominate myself to be a delegate. My parents, brother, sister-in-law, and grandma have been delegates a few times--I think it'd be a good experience for anyone willing to put in the effort it takes to be informed and have an opinion. We all have a responsibility to do what we can do. This is the most fundamental, grass-roots level of government, and it's far more important than most people give it credit for. Can it be boring? Of course! But think of sitting in on a session of Congress or Parliament. A lot of seemingly boring things have the potential to do a lot of good or cause a lot of trouble. Just a thought... So, go to the caucus tonight, and if you're a democrat, rewind two days and go to your caucus on Tuesday. :) According to KSL News Radio (which I listen to on the way to and from school), there was a record turn-out of democrats at caucuses on Tuesday. Good job, Utah democrats--I commend your political involvement. Republicans, let us also have a good showing tonight, okay?
Anyway, here's to a weird ramble on a weird day. Enjoy the weather!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment