Thursday, March 1, 2012

Mr. Dad and Mrs. Mom!


No, I'm not pregnant... :)  But cute little ultrasound picture, huh.  (*bwa ha ha*)  I'm not pregnant, but I am becoming a mother of 5 overnight. (6, if you count the one in Bolivia, but I'd say his Mission President is much more his parent than I am!)  Blake’s parents are going on a trip to the Philippines for a week and a half. Odd vacation destination, you say? Pishposh. Why wouldn't you want to go? If nothing else, go for the unbelievably fine gourmet.  Nothing says "Wakey wakey, eggs and bakey" like a fertilized chicken egg.

Behold:


Yes... Someone decided that was edible.

Okay, so there are a few other reasons to go besides the chicken eggs.  Blake's grandparents are there on a mission so Mom and Dad are off to see Elder and Sister Hull and all the other beauties the Philippines have to offer.


Let's all go, shall we? I feel like everyone should, at some point in their life, see a sunset like that in the flesh. I've never been to the Philippines, but I have witnessed several breathtaking sunsets like this one from Buffalo Point on Antelope Island:



For those of you who don't know, Antelope Island is the big hunk of land in the middle of the Great Salt Lake.  As much as it is mocked and disrespected by those who live nearby and have to deal with the stench every time it rains and the brine flies all summer, it really is a pretty fun place.  Make a point to hike Buffalo Point at sunset sometime when you're in Utah. (But take bug spray!)

Wow... I digress. I was just telling you about how I'm inheriting five kids. Truth be told, I'm a little stressed about it. When Mom sent me the schedule of everyone's lives and I realized that I'd be in charge of orchestrating it all, I had to take several deep breaths. Honestly, it sounded pretty fun, but the only thing that makes it tough is doing school on top of it all. I'll be relieved when this collaborative research paper is "safely six feet under."

Anyway, thanks for being my stress-reliever tonight, dear little blog... I needed a sanity outlet.

Good night! See you bright and early at 6:00 A.M. for family scripture study! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment