Kind of sad that those words look like they rhyme, but actually don't. (I guess some people say "rock-us," but I'm a "ruck-us" girl myself...)
On the bright side, the caucus was great last night! I've been to a few caucuses before and I could not BELIEVE how many people were there last night! The turnout was thrilling and exhilarating. Parking was a very happy nightmare, and our precinct alone had 239 voters!! Things were much more heated and energetic than the caucuses I've been to in the past, and I'm so glad I was there to give my vote. It was fun to look after the fact and see that Blake and I voted for the same three candidates to be state delegates. *Enter some mashy, gushy, MFEO line.* All three of our choices were voted in--woot!
Also very exciting: in my hometown, my dad was voted as a state delegate and Aaron is a county delegate! I was very proud of the Briggs boys last night. :) Blake and I have decided that it'd be a really neat experience to be delegates one of these years. (The county convention was the Saturday before finals and the state convention was the Saturday of finals, so we decided this year would probably be a bad idea.)
Hope you got the chance to go exercise your right to vote last night. (Or on Tuesday.) It did great things for my patriotism and made me want to get even more involved and more informed!
Annie! I didn't realize you had a blog! I'm officially following it now. :) Thank you for your wonderful comment, it made my day. I'm so glad you married Blake! haha
ReplyDelete