I had a lovely day yesterday.
I spent four delicious hours with Beth, whom I had not seen for any legitimate amount of time in two weeks. ("They haven't spoken in a week. That's like a century in girl years." Name that movie.) Come to think of it, that relational deprivation may have been a big contributor to both my ridiculous morning and general irritability as of late. I seriously have a special kind of endorphin release when I'm with Beth--there's nothing quite like the joy and laughs that can be generated by two very simpatico, very silly sisters.
Anyhow, you know Beth is a genuine miracle-worker if I can say that we went shopping for four hours and I had the absolute time of my life. Winco, Walmart, Smiths, and the Library. All with Beth. What bliss! We had a jolly time pushing around a fully loaded Winco cart looking like lost puppies as we figured out the store layout. Beth used her mad accounting skills and quick math to convince me that I really could make myself bite the bullet and buy a half gallon of honey. (But seriously, little bees--do you think we can strike a bargain next time? I respect your commodity as being liquid gold and all, but that purchase really did hurt my feelings just a little bit.) We legitimately enjoyed mosying around Walmart looking at Valentines cards and kitchen gadgets, all the while laughing about "sloosh la doosh," love languages, disciplinary parenting, and my random labeling of objects we passed. ("A BUS." I'm so eloquent.) Top it all off with a quick run into Smiths for the very best Kroger Cottage Cheese and picking up some leisure books for Beth at the library and you're left with a very picture perfect morning.
Sisters are the best.

No comments:
Post a Comment