Friday, June 22, 2012

Happy Things

Sorry the grouchy post stayed at the forefront for so long--I've been busy with happy things and blogging hasn't been at the top of my list. What happy things you ask?

Well...

  • Our first Father's Day (which happened to be the day after the grouch post, and yes, I scowled five zillion percent less... Success!) proved to be a really happy one. I already knew that Blake would be an excellent Dad someday, but somehow the official holiday seemed to underline, bold, and highlight that in my mind. :) (Must have been my primary kids singing Daddy's Homecoming in Sacrament Meeting...) I love all the men in my life--I have two amazing Dads, and a wonderful hubster. Blake's wonderful to life, wonderful to me, and he's the best decision I've ever made.
  • On Monday, some of the Briggs Bunch went camping up in the mountains. What a lovely time! Dutch oven goodness, Navajo Tacos, motorbike rides, shotgun shooting, bushwhack-hiking (so like our family)... Life is good! Oh, and listening to "coyotes" (I still think they were wolves...) at night proved to be a most rewarding experience.
  • Yesterday, I went to the dentist! Hooray! That probably sounds sarcastic, but I really have always loved going to the dentist. Especially now that I've been through the oh-so-glorious orthodontia adventure... Getting my permanent retainer scaled is always a semiannual highlight of my year. Best feeling ever! Oh, and to complete my report, I'm a No Cavities Kid. Woot!
  • Also, yesterday Blake and I got our HSA set up. Scott Marsh would be proud. :)
  • This morning, picked raspberries with Mom and have been doing odd, semi-booshy* jobs, like shop-vac-ing every square inch of the camp trailer. (It was my turn, Beth. I think you did it last time.) It's a great feeling to be busy, though!
There's just one downer. And it's a big one.  I'm sorely missing Madame Belladonna** who is on an internship in California having loads of adventures that just aren't as fun because we're not adventuring together. (How's that for presumptuous?) In all seriousness, it does stink to not have her around, but we're all glad she's taking advantage of this opportunity. Grab this experience by the horns and ride it like this, Stupe!:



"Yaah hoo! Howdy, howdy, howdy!"
The last time I watched this movie in its entirety, I was recovering from a tonsillectomy. Watching this clip is making me want to find another medical excuse to watch it. :)

Anyhow, have a lovely day, folks! (Especially you, Beth.) I think I might go make a Ramen Noodle Salad.


*For definition, see Beth, or make up your own. Don't bother googling it.
**Beth.
***And because I'm missing her like crazy, another triple-star tribute to Beth. Te amo, hermana!

No comments:

Post a Comment