Yesterday, Mom and I went to Wendy's to pick up food for ourselves and for the boys. (Who were out slaving away during the heat of the day on tractors. Bless their souls. And the tractors.)
A Baconator Combo with large Rootbeer very-little-ice, two on-sale Kid's Meals with rootbeer no-ice, two additional Junior Hamburgers because heck if two little kids meals will satisfy Dad's energy needs, a baked potato with chili and bacon along with an order of 5-piece spicy chicken nuggets with honey mustard (uhh, Aaron? Didn't see that coming.), a large Coke very-little-ice, two grilled chicken wraps with very little mayo, and "Annie, what do you want?" ... uhhh, hadn't even thought about that. A Baja Salad? Um, and two waters, no ice?
Whoa. Buckle up kids--what an experience. It was a very crazy drive through run, but I'm glad Mom and I were doing it together. What's more, I was very impressed with the nice man on the other side of the speaker box with holes that calmly and rationally got the order down. It probably looked a little bizarre when we pulled up to the window and two petite little ladies are the only ones in the car. Good thing I had my farm garb on and looked a little grungy... That at least may have given them some hints as to our whereabouts.
After we had made the order and were waiting in line, I was thinking on how outrageous of an institution fast food is. What was Mr. Fast Food thinking?? Hmm, probably something about how they could make money... Just a hunch though.
In other news, I had my first french fry in a long time. Not that I've totally banned myself from french fries, but I just don't have the opportunity to eat them often. I must say, I was quite disappointed. I understand it was only Wendy's, but seriously, what a waste of a potato! Anyone know of any divine french fries the next time I decide to eat one?
Ciao. :)
Annie, I'm tagging you in a photo to show you the most delicious french fries. They are at Disneyland!! :) So so divine.
ReplyDeleteAnnie, OF COURSE I remember you! When I saw your comment, I instantly thought of that night at the FOL dance when you and a couple other girls helped me feel like I was cool even if I didn't know the words to all the songs. Ha! I'm thrilled to see that you're married; you two just glow with happiness. I'm so glad you asked about granola,too, because I've actually been experimenting with it lately! There are a million different recipes out there (you're right!), so I've slowly been making my way through the ones that seemed good and healthy. You know what? I'm going to put one up on my blog today. I don't have a picture of it, so I've been putting it off, but why not try the recipe? Stay tuned :)
ReplyDeleteP.S. You're a lovely writer. I smiled all the way through your post.
ReplyDeleteI think my all-time favorite fries are from Smash Burger (on University Pkwy across from the mall). They have rosemary and the perfect amount of salt on them. They also have sweet potato fries which are a whole other category. Both are incredible. Guru's has awesome sweet potato fries, too. But if you're in the drive-thru mood, I don't think you can beat In-n-0ut.