Monday, October 8, 2012

I'm the Luckiest

Blake almost always gets up earlier than I do because he has 8:00 class everyday and I have *cough, cough* NOT 8:00 class every day. One of my absolute favorite things is when he's just finished brushing his teeth and he's all ready for school, he climbs back into bed--shoes and all--to snuggle with me for a few more minutes before he heads out. I'm always a little self-conscious because his breath is yumyum-minty-fresh and mine is oh-dear-what-just-died-four-months-ago, but the sweet guy doesn't seem to mind. He snuggles me in close, we take a quick inventory of what's on dock for the day, and he tells me "Don't hesitate to turn on the heat when you get up," because he knows I'm so stingy about using the heat and A/C. We lay quietly until he has to leave, he kisses me, tells me to keep sleeping, and smiles down at me as he tucks me in. And in those moments, everything is right in the world and I know I can do anything today because I'm married to the man that will snuggle me in all my morning breath glory. To quote Mr. Ben Folds, I'm the luckiest.

No comments:

Post a Comment