Why hello again!
August 14th really wasn't all that long ago, but so many things have happened that it feels much longer than two weeks.
The last little bit of life, calendar-style.
August 11th - 1 year anniversary. Dinner at a restaurant we never go to. A great night at home.
August 15th - Our "celebrated" anniversary. Going back to Alaskan Inn and Rainbow Gardens for dinner. Wonderful night and I love how much we've become better friends in one year.
August 18th - Beth got home. FINALLY! I feel like my life is back in order with her nearby.
August 19th - Morning flight out of Utah to Vancouver, where we boarded a cruise ship headed up the Alaskan Coast. First Briggs Family Vacation since before Dan's mission! Meaning I was seven years old. 2/3 of my life ago--I'd say we were overdue.
August 19th-26th - One of the greatest weeks with the family ever. Floatplane adventure over the Misty Fjords. Hiking to Mendenhall Glacier after having the pleasure of riding Mr. Jantzen Deppe's tour bus. Touring Skagway and getting ripped off at a Subway in Canada. Playing games nonstop with all the kids, including Sardines on decks of the ship. Endless buffets and room service. Blake and I being the winning contestants in a marriage game show and winning a bottle of champagne. Riding a tour bus from Seward to Anchorage for ten hours. Waiting in the airport for another 5 hours. And finally a red-eye flight from Anchorage to Denver to Salt Lake where we jumped off the plane, into the car, and raced back to campus so I could make my classes on my last first day of school!
August 27th-28th - Trying to get a handle on school without getting too overwhelmed. With Blake's support and perspective, even the scariest mountains become climbable. Awesome hubster for the win.
August 29th - Another trip to the airport and red-eye flight. This time, it was Blake's brother Quinton who just returned from his mission in Bolivia. Meeting new brother for the first time. Loving the family I married into all over again. Loving life.
August 30th - Great day of school. First Zumba experience. Family barbeque tonight. First BYU football game. And who knows what other adventures the rest of the afternoon has in store... I'll keep you posted. :)
Dang, life's good.
No comments:
Post a Comment