Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Who do you think you are?!?!

Long story short, I may have just gotten the shaft by humanities this semester. I was so certain that this class had redeemed my opinion of the field of humanities. But no. I never should have given it a second chance. (Except for the fact I had to in order to fill the GE requirement. Minor detail...)

You know, it really might be karma... My first humanities class, I DEFINITELY should NOT have gotten an A, but somehow I miraculously did. (Divine technological manipulation--aka, an angel came down and hacked into the computer. I'm convinced.) This class, I most definitely should have an A, but the numbers so far are not adding up to meet the cut.

I know what you're thinking. ~Another one of your everyday "give me an A" whiners.~ I may be whining, but I hereby submit my evidence for wanting an A:

Midterm = 94.5
Papers = 92, 95, __
All Quizzes = 100

(I'll keep you posted on that final paper score.) The way the numbers are turning out, if I manage a 93 on that last paper, I still need nearly a whoppin' 96% on this final. Otherwise I'm destined to receive an A-.

Will they take me lying down? Heavens no! I will not go down without a fight! I still have a solid 9 or 10 hours before a reasonable bed-time and a few more I could study tomorrow before my final at 9:00 a.m. I will not go quietly!!!

But what to do with all of this angst so I can let it go and channel all my energy into studying... That's the real question.

I did what any girl would do...

I listened to Jar of Hearts by Christina Perri.

Someday I will make a truly inspiring music video to this song illustrating my relationship with humanities.

Just after finals are over.

No comments:

Post a Comment