Saturday, November 12, 2011

Life is Good


As a followup to the Monday, November 7th post:


Again: Life is good. Always.

Blake went to a review Monday night and came home with these in hand. Thanks for always helping me remember how little there is to worry about in life, Blake. Life is so good. I love you.

This week, I picked up a pretty nasty cold. I been fighting it like a fierce dragon (lots of sleep, tons of water, treating symptoms, etc.), but after several days of extreme chest congestion, even while on an expectorant around the clock, I decided I had to pull out the big guns.

Let me introduce you to a Briggs invention that my dad lovingly christened, "Steam Dungeon." (With Dad, everything was dungeons and monsters growing up... Poor Beth.)

The Steam Dungeon

I remember many times growing up sitting on the tall office chair, listening to books on tape with a box on my head with steam from a tea pot shooting into the box. I vowed I'd never do it once I was grown up, but look at me now! No tea kettle, no book on tape, and no baler box, but I did the best I could with our little saucepan and Langers Apple Juice box. I knew you'd be proud, Dad. :)


In addition to heaven-sent inventions like the Steam Dungeon, let me introduce you to one of the most angelic mortals alive. (No exaggeration.) Meet Beth:
Mhmm. I just saw your jaw drop to the floor. Don't worry, that's normal. :)

Get to know her and find that she's even more gorgeous inside than she is outside. I know what you're thinking... "Is that even possible?" Ordinarily, no. But Beth Briggs is no ordinary girl, my friends...

After class on Thursday, Beth and I walked home to her place, she drove me back to my apartment, and she let me rest while she made the most perfect vegetable soup and cornbread in creation so I wouldn't have to cook. Oh my goodness. I am so grateful for sisters--I know I wouldn't be half of who I am today without mine. Thank you, Beth!! You will be remembered in heaven for the vegetable soups, pedicures, shared salads in high school, and all the times I needed a shopping trip ally or a haircut buddy. You are one supremely sweet peach!

The aforementioned 'peach' was with me on my very first date when I was 16, and on Friday night, we got to be date buddies for the first time since I was in high school. Blake and I doubled with Beth and her friend from elementary school, Jake. He seems like an uncommonly great guy and we all had a ton of fun together! I wouldn't mind doing that again soon.

Life has been a little crazy this week, but it really has been great. It always is, right?

1 comment:

  1. We do a similar thing to the "Steam Dungeon", except we do it with 1 cup of water and add thyme to it and breath the steam for 5 minutes, and then strain out the herbs and drink the thyme water with lemon and honey

    ReplyDelete