I knew throughout the movie that watching it was a mistake. But I didn't leave. (Sometimes I wonder what happened to the brave girl I was in high school.) Anyway, right when the movie ended I immediately started searching for something to invite feelings of safety and security and goodness into my heart--something that might comfort my spirit with the light of truth. This is what I found because someone posted it to facebook.
I know it's okay that I made a mistake today. I'm not berating myself. I know that I can repent and recommit to honoring the Light of Christ and the gift of the Holy Ghost that warns me of temporal and spiritual hazards and guides me into paths where I can feel safe in the light of uplifting things. I am grateful that Heavenly Father trusts me enough to give me "sunrise revelation"--that He trusts me enough to let me make mistakes and learn from them and be changed by them. And I'm so very, eternally grateful for the atonement of Jesus Christ and that I don't have to be bound by and damned for my mistakes and sins--that I can be picked up and rescued by the Savior's love and move forward as a clean person renewed and resolved to be truer to my covenants, convictions, and testimony--that I have to opportunity to grow in light and continue in light.
"That which is of God is light; and he that receiveth light,
and continueth in God, receiveth more light;
and that light groweth brighter and brighter until the perfect day."
I humbly and gratefully look forward to the perfect day.
No comments:
Post a Comment