Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Orange

I've wanted to post something, anything, because I feel slightly hypocritical when I check the blogs of people I love a zillion times a day, hoping for a new post. The frequent poster award goes to Miss Suzanne Smith. *uproarious applause!*

Anyway, I feel like I've had a huge block inhibiting any form of written expression. That's definitely new for me and I'm not sure I like it! But, block or no block, I'm posting.

In my Advanced Writing class this semester, we keep a journal of thoughts, observations, and musings that could apparently someday blossom into a rich garden of vignettes that will undoubtedly change the world. (?)

Here is today's entry:

Things I associate with the color orange:
  • Courtney - the only person I know whose favorite color is and always has been orange, for no other reason than she just plain loves orange
  • The burnt orange "Spanky" shirt I had that Neil Brown always commented on
  • Orange the fruit
  • Blake cutting my oranges to put in my school lunches so they're easier to peel
  • Sunsets over Antelope Island
  • Marigolds
  • My old seminary teacher Brother Crimin - as he shook hands with every student that walked into class, to anyone who was remotely dressed in orange he'd earnestly say, "Thanks for wearing orange today."
  • Airborne
  • The Skittles and Starbursts nobody wants
  • Little cartons of Tampico in elementary - being thrilled on the few days they'd actually have real orange juice
  • Vitamin C chewables
  • The first time I peeled an orange all in one peel - reminded me of Sleepless in Seattle
  • Being healthy
  • Being sick
  • Our Halloween Trick-or-Treat bags growing up
  • Pumpkins
  • Autumn/fall
  • Chelsea's fabulous poofy prom dress
  • Orange juice cartons at the Brigham Breakfast
  • My first encounter with Paint N' Peel nailpolish
  • The word you can't ever legitimately rhyme with, along with purple
Hmm, interesting experience. I recommend it. Take a second, pick a word, and see what you come up with.

...Then blog about it so I can enjoy the thrill of seeing a new post to devour. :)

2 comments:

  1. I chose the word of the day on my birthday last year. Unfortunately, it was "erubescent" which doesn't remind me of anything because I don't know what it is. Sorry :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, orange skittles and starbursts are my favorite. Send them all my way, please.

    ReplyDelete