Sometimes I forget that "life is to be enjoyed, not just endured." (Thank you, President Hinckley.)
Here are some great reasons to smile:
-I have lots of people that love me. Really! A wonderful family at home and in Florida, great roommates, I've got dedicated home and visiting teachers, an endearing, inspiring relief society presidency, wonderful friends from home and friends here at Bountiful Court that I'm thankful for more and more every day.
-I've crossed several things off my bucket list in the last little while. I LOVE THAT FEELING! On Saturday, I ran my first 5K. I fought up University Parkway, across ninth, alongside campus, and wound around by the fieldhouse and the Tanner to the track by the stadium where I sprinted the last leg. 1255 is my new favorite number. (Don't worry, that was my race number, not my race time.)
-Yesterday, I got to look down on campus and all of Provo from the roof of the SWKT. I'll spare you my gushy, sentimental musings that I had on the roof, but I will say that it was sixty degrees and Provo has rarely looked so wonderful. BYU bucket list item: check!
-On Friday, I get to go to Divine Comedy. I've never been before, and it's something I determined to do before I graduate. BYU bucket list item #2: check!
-Last Friday, I attended the A cappella Jam to see my FHE brother perform in his a cappella group. I got picked out of the packed house in the JSB to join Vocal Point onstage. Whoa. Being swept off my feet without any warning and tearing up the stage with nine incredibly attractive men... No one but my mom probably knows what that really means for me. That wasn't officially on my bucket list, but the whole experience was the kind of thing that have literally made up my daydreams for years.
-Good music. Good hanna, what would I do without such great music!? You know those "I feel" magnet boards? I want to make one of those with songs instead of adjectives (happy, nervous, angry, ecstatic, etc). I'm so grateful that there seems to be a song for exactly what I need on any given day. Just for fun- I am currently listening to "Vanilla Twilight" by Owl City. (Hardly the song of the day, but definitely a great song.)
Of course there are a million more reasons to smile, especially if you watch for them, but I'm going to finally publish this post that I started a week or so ago. In the words of my good pal Elder Tyler Rasmussen, "Smile. Life's good."
Nothing really to say on this one except nice job on the stage performance. Just want you to know that someone has read every blog post other than your mother.
ReplyDelete